Frequently Asked Questions…and their answers!
1. What can IMRivers do for my organization?
- IMRivers is a multi-purpose tool that can help your organization with Membership Communication, Community Education, Land Acquisition Site Identification, Standards Enforcement, Fundraising and more.
IMRivers can show Pollution Sources, Stream Sampling Sites and Monitoring Data, Visual Surveys, Scenic Sites, Recreational Opportunities, Boating Hazards or anything else that happens in your watershed or affects its waterways or those who live and share its resources.
IMRivers displays layers of information – Data, Statistics and Narratives; Video, Photos, and Illustrations; Word, Excel, and PDF files; Webpage Links and much more!
2. What is Mappler and how does it power IMRivers?
- Mappler is the basic framework of the online interactive mapsite. IMRivers was created for the River Network Partners with this technology
3. What are the basic functions of Mappler?
- Mappler is simple to use. You can create your own interactive map without any prior mapping experience. If you can upload and download, you’ll be able to use Mappler.
- Invite community members to enter and update data on your map.
- Manage the data content.
- Choose your own icons and create the categories you want to track.
- Draw lines and polygons on the map.
- Upload photos, videos and file documents to share with your community members.
4. How much does it cost to become a member of IMRivers?
- IMRivers is focused on providing GIS technology and Interactive Mapping capabilities to low-budget organizations. Please get in contact with us so we can help you create and customize a map the is tailored to your needs and budget.